When basic needs are met,
individuals and families progress towards stability.
In Escambia and Santa Rosa counties, individuals and families are facing obstacles that prevent a good quality of life.
We're fighting to put every person, in our community, on a path toward financial empowerment.
That starts with access to services, tax assistance, and financial coaching.
See below to learn more about available resources.
FREE TAX HELP
United Way of West Florida (UWWF) offers free tax assistance programs for individuals and families with an annual income of $66,000 or less.
Since 2019, 4,645 tax returns were completed, saving taxpayers over $999,000 in preparation fees and contributions to a $10,957,213 impact in our community!
Due to COVID-19, all in-person VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program) sites will be closed for the 2021 tax season.
Alternatively, Virtual Assisted Tax Preparation and Online Self Tax Filing are available.
BECOME A VIRTUAL VITA VOLUNTEER
We need your help as a volunteer! Be the one who expands this service to more working individuals in our area.
There are three ways to serve: client greeter, tax preparer, and online self tax filing assistant.
All VITA volunteers must be certified through the IRS, however, free training will be provided.
- Learn a new skill that will serve you for a lifetime
- No previous experience necessary
- Receive IRS certification as a volunteer tax preparer
- Build your resume
- Choose from flexible hours
- 100% Virtual
- A challenging and rewarding way to give back
FREE VIRTUAL FINANCIAL COACHING
Meet with a highly trained coach for free one-on-one financial coaching.
Coaching sessions are 100% customizable to fit your needs.
Areas that the coaching will cover:
- Create a realistic budget that you'll keep
- Enroll in government benefits (if eligible)
- Create a savings plan
- Open a bank account
- Avoid unnecessary fees
- Check credit report and scores
- Build and repair credit
- Correct errors on your credit report
- Avoid or remedy identity theft
- Determine which bills to pay and how much
- Develop a strategy for handling debt
- Find ways to prepare your taxes for free
- Learn about available tax credits, such as EITC
- Discuss ways to save your tax refund
- Define and achieve your financial goals
Virtual Financial Coaching can also provide referral services for:
- Legal help with bankruptcy
- Student loans
- Determining SNAP or Food Stamps
Call (850) 696-1174 to schedule an appointment today!