People-powered Solutions in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties
What is AmeriCorps VISTA CAP?
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a federal agency that organizes people power in communities all across the country.
United Way of West Florida locally manages VISTA CAP (Community Alignment Project) program that is focused on improving our communnity's capacity to respond collaboratively to our most pressing issues. By partnering directly with AmeriCorps, United Way of West Florida places VISTA members at nonprofit agency host sites within Escambia and Santa Rosa counties.
Over the course of their year-long service commitment, VISTAs will create systems and solutions to alleviate critical problems in our community through resource development, volunteer recruitment and management, program development, community outreach and marketing, project management, and more. Each VISTA position is unique, but our VISTA CAP Manager will work with you to find the opportunity best suited for your skills and interests.
- VISTA CAP members receive a bi-weekly stipend of $472.22
- Healthcare benefits (including routine dental and vision)
- Childcare assistance
- Relocation allowance
- Student loan forbearance/deferment * (* during service term)
- 10 vacation days & 10 sick days
- $1,800 stipend * - or - $6,195 Education Award * to pay for future education or pay back loans (* upon completion of service term)
Think VISTA CAP Is for You?
Ready to apply or still have some questions? Contact our VISTA CAP Manager, Tricia Woodard, at email@example.com or 850-444-7124.
VISTA CAP Host Sites
- Achieve Escambia
- Autism Pensacola
- Bright Bridge Ministries
- Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida
- Escambia County Public Schools Foundation for Excellence
- First City Arts Center
- Gulf Coast Kid's House
- Keep Pensacola Beautiful
- Pensacola State College
- Ascension Sacred Heart Children's Hospital and Autism Center
- United Way of West Florida
If your organization is interested in becoming a VISTA CAP Host Site, contact Tricia Woodard for an application.