Escambia County’s School District-approved supply drive has officially kicked-off for the 2019-20 school year. Businesses, churches, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to host a school supply drive for local students, while four area Wal-Marts will host Stuff-A-Thons on July 17 and July 18. Stuff The Bus, a partnership between the Escambia County School District and United Way of West Florida, works to ensure that local students have the tools needed to succeed in the upcoming school year.
In 2018, over 35,000 items were donated with a total value of $62,189. Coupled with $22,800 in monetary gifts, there was an impact of $84,989 on Escambia County students. In addition, 251 volunteers served a total of 657 hours, valued at $16,221, in support of our school systems.
WAYS TO GET INVOVLED:
GIVE: Host a school supply collection drive or make a donation. Collection drive efforts and donations directly impact a student’s ability to learn and send them back to school with a smile! Checks can be made out to United Way of West Florida.
Or, you can donate supplies during one of our Stuff-A-Thons on July 17-18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- On July 17, we will be at Walmart Supercenter #1224 (Creightion Road) and Walmart Supercenter #1605 (Mobile Hwy.
- On July 18, we will be at Walmart Supercenter #3785 (Navy Bld.) and Walmart Supercenter #1222 (Pensacola Bld.)
VOLUNTEER: Individuals and groups can volunteer to support Stuff The Bus with various tasks like sorting, packing, and more! Volunteers are essential to more the than 22,000 local students that this drive supports.
ADVOCATE: United we fight. United we win. Combine the efforts of your independent school drive with Stuff The Bus to grow our collective impact. TOGETHER we can ensure more students win.
COLLECTION DROP-OFF SITES:
- Ascend Performance Materials – 3000 Old Chemstrand Rd. Cantonment, FL 32533
- Beach Community Bank – 33 West Garden Street Pensacola, FL 32502
- Beach Community Bank – 4465 Bayou Blvd. Pensacola, FL 32503
- Beach Community Bank – 9329 N. Palafox St. Pensacola, FL 32534
- Bear Levin Studer Family YMCA – 165 E. Intendencia St. Pensacola, FL 32502
- Central Credit Union of Florida – 308 N. Spring St. Pensacola, FL 32501
- Central Credit Union of Florida – 6200 North "W" St. Pensacola, FL 32505
- Central Credit Union of Florida – 4964 Bayou Blvd. Pensacola, FL 32503
- Central Credit Union of Florida – 1200 E. Nine Mile Rd. Pensacola, FL 32514
- Comfort Dental Care (Pensacola) – 5700 N. Davis Hwy. #1, Pensacola, FL 32503
- Comfort Dental Care (Crestview) – 10 Riverwood Drive, Suite A, Crestview, FL 32536
- Comfort Dental Care (Santa Rosa Beach) – 2010 Hwy 98 West, Suite 102, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Comfort Dental Care (Mary Esther) – 460 Mary Esther Blvd. Mary Esther, FL 32569
- Cuts By Us – 2620 Creighton Rd. Pensacola, FL 32504
- CycleBar – 1765 E. Nine Mile Rd. Suite A03, Pensacola, FL 32514
- Duncan McCall – 4400 Bayou Blvd. Suite 11, Pensacola, FL 32503
- First City Art Center – 1060 N. Guillemard St. Pensacola, FL 32501
- Gary's Brewery & Biergarten – 208 Newman Ave. Pensacola, FL 32506
- Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast – 1715 E. Lovie Rd. Pensacola, FL 32514
- Gulf Coast Annual Creole Festival (July 5 & 6 only) – Community Maritime Park, 301 W. Main St. Pensacola, FL 32502
- Gulf Coast Plastic Surgery – 543 Fontaine St. Pensacola, FL 32503
- Junior League of Pensacola – 2016 W. Garden St. Pensacola, FL 32502
- Mojo Elite Sportz Center – 1901 North “T” St. Pensacola, FL 32505
- Pen Air Federal Credit Union – 1495 E. Nine Mile Rd., Pensacola, FL 32514
- Pensacola Athletic Center – 7700 US 98, Pensacola, FL 32506
- Pensacola Habitat for Humanity 300 W. Leonard St. Pensacola, FL 32501
- Sprint – 5046 Bayou Blvd. Pensacola, FL 32503
- The Burger Factory – 6907 N 9th Ave. Pensacola, FL 32504