Since 1924, United Way of West Florida has partnered with local businesses, individuals, and organizations to support important community initiatives and critical programs. When you get involved with United Way, you become part of a community-wide movement that tackles the underlying causes of problems to create real, lasting solutions.
Here are 9 easy ways you can get involved and make a difference in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties.
- MAKE A DONATION and support our Community Investment Fund which supports a network of critical programs and services. With your support, we can address problems that no single donor and no single organization can solve alone!
- HOST A CAMPAIGN. Invite United Way of West Florida into your workplace so your colleagues have an opportunity to learn about the issues facing our community and what they can do to make a difference.
- LEND YOUR TALENTS. We offer several opportunities for individuals to enhance their leadership skills through strategic volunteer experiences. Build professional development while helping to strengthen our community by joining our Board of Directors, Development Advisory Council, Ambassador Program, or other committees.
- VOLUNTEER. Whether it’s a one-day activity, a quarterly project you're tackling yourself, or as a team, our staff is will connect you with a meaningful volunteer experience.
- SPONSOR. Highlight your company as a community leader in front of our philanthropic base of supporters and organizations. A single donation that supports UWWF’s special events and programs will give your company exposure for an entire year to thousands of potential new customers and clients.
- ADVOCATE. Tell your friends, family, and coworkers about the services and resources available to them like our Information & Referral Hotline, 211 Northwest Florida, or VITA, and our other tax assistance services.
- JOIN US AT SPECIAL EVENTS! Sign up for our e-newsletter so you can stay up to date on events throughout the year. Our Annual Meeting, Campaign Kickoff, and Day of Caring are just a few of the opportunities you have to get involved each year.
- JOIN A DONOR NETWORK. Combine your giving with service and get involved with one of our Donor Networks like Women United or Emerging Leaders. You'll have the opportunity to network with other donors who are passionate about improving our community.
- FOLLOW US on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Youtube to amplify our reach, share our posts with your friends, and find out where you can get involved!