Stuff the Bus has officially kicked off for the 2019-2020 school year! Businesses, churches, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to host a school supply drive for local students, while area Wal-Marts will host Stuff-A-Thons on July 17 and July 18 in Escambia County, and July 24 in Santa Rosa County. Stuff The Bus, the only supply drive supported by the local school districts, works to ensure that local students have the tools needed to succeed in the upcoming school year.
In 2018, in over 35,000 items were donated with a total value of $62,189. Coupled with $22,800 in monetary gifts, the program had an impact of $84,989 for Escambia County students. In addition, 251 volunteers served a total of 657 hours, valued at $16,221, in support of our school systems. This year, we're excited to include Santa Rosa County as part of these efforts.
WAYS TO GET INVOVLED:
GIVE: There are three main ways to give to Stuff the Bus.
1. Host a school supply collection drive! Collection drive efforts directly impact a student’s ability to learn and send them back to school with the supplies they need to succeed!
2. You can donate or become a sponsor! See sponsorship levels here. Checks can be made out to United Way of West Florida in Escambia County or NBACOC Foundation in Santa Rosa County. You can also donate by texting School850 to 41444 or visit here.
3. Participate in one of our Stuff-A-Thons! Stuff-A-Thons will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- On July 17, we will be at Walmart Supercenter #1224 (Creightion Road) and Walmart Supercenter #1605 (Mobile Hwy.
- On July 18, we will be at Walmart Supercenter #3785 (Navy Bld.) and Walmart Supercenter #1222 (Pensacola Bld.)
- On July 24, we will be at Pace Walmart, Tiger Point Walmart, and Navarre Walmart.
VOLUNTEER: Individuals and groups can volunteer to support Stuff The Bus with various tasks like sorting, packing, and more! Volunteers are essential to more than 22,000 local students that this drive supports.
ADVOCATE: United we fight. United we win. Combine the efforts of your independent school drive with Stuff The Bus to grow our collective impact. TOGETHER we can ensure more students win.
COLLECTION DROP-OFF SITES:
ESCAMBIA COUNTY: Contact Kristy Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 912-8176.
SANTA ROSA COUNTY: Visit stuffthebussantarosa.org.