We measure success not by dollars raised, but by lives improved and changed.
United Way of West Florida is a local 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that Unites nonprofit agencies, organizations, businesses - and people - to fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties.
With a vision of a community United to create better opportunities for all, United Way of West Florida’s mission is to Unite our community and leverage resources to improve lives. We do that by:
- strategically investing resources in quality programs
- building and participating in partnerships
- engaging people in our community
- leveraging resources
- and advocating for policies that help people in our community.
Want to know more about us?
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principle of diversity. We, therefore:
- Value diversity and respect others, without regard to race, color, creed, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicapped individual.
- Support affirmative action and equal employment opportunity throughout our Organization.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
We, the United Way of West Florida Board of Directors and employees, stand committed to affirming our identity as an anti-racist organization.
We recognize that systemic racism, unjust policies and practices in our institutions, and other forms of oppression have - and continue to - marginalize entire populations of people. While racism and prejudice are not always conscious, their consequences are always dehumanizing.
We denounce all forms of racism and discrimination. They have no place in our society and undermine our efforts to create a community where all people can realize their full potential.
We stand committed to challenging and correcting inequities and ensuring that those whose voices have been quieted are heard. We will continue to work alongside all stakeholders and partners to foster opportunities for education and awareness to create a more equitable community for all.