We can't wait to see everyone for Battle of the Barristers at Odd Colony on Thursday, April 20!
Check-in begins at 5:30p.
Rules will be read by the emcee at 5:45p
Trivia begins promptly at 6:00p.
Rules & Sanctions
Check out the rules from our quiz master and information about "sanctions" below.
*Trivia contest produced and operated by:
1. I will ask 16 questions, four questions in four different categories. The first questions in each category will be pretty easy but will increase in difficulty as the category goes on.
2. Each correct answer is worth one point. One randomly chosen question is the Double Shot question of the night, and is worth 2 points.
3. For the final round, I will ask you to put five things in order. Each correct placement is worth 1 point.
4. Each team will have around 3 minutes to submit their answer for each question by filling out an answer slip and bringing it to me. I will give warnings as each round closes if I have not received responses from your team.
5. Each team will be assigned a team number after I receive their team name and must write the team number on all answer sheets.
6. Each team is responsible for completing their own answer sheets, writing legibly, and making sure their team number is on the sheet. (Spelling does not count as long as I can tell what you were getting at).
7. NO PHONES. I know you are all busy people, but NO ONE (NO EXCEPTIONS) is allowed to have their phones out when questions are being asked. Put them in your pocket, purse, face down on the table, or throw them outside, just don’t have them out when people are answering. Between rounds you can feel free to use your phone if you need to.
8. While I fact-check my answers rather thoroughly, there is a chance you may disagree with my answers. As moderator, my answer goes (though I am fairly lenient).
9. There will be special… incentives that are available for purchase by each team.
10. At the end of each round after the first, I will give you updated scores for the top three teams so you can see where you are in the rankings.
11. A team can only be "sanctioned" for Contempt one time.
12. A team can be "sanctioned" for Probation more than once, but a different team member must be chosen each time.
Sanctions are special punishments or privileges. These sanctions will either help your team or hinder another team.
Sanctions can be purchased before or during the event. Buy your Sanctions before the event online here.
Restraining Order- $25
The team you choose must put the writing instrument in their mouth to write their next guess.
Appeal - $50
Your team may submit two guesses for one question.
Gag Order - $50
The team you choose must use charades instead of talking on their next question.
Probation - $100
Choose one team member from another team. They cannot participate in answering the next question.
A team can be "sanctioned" for Probation more than once, but a different team member must be chosen each time.
Contempt - $200
You can choose one team to lose a turn. They cannot submit an answer to the next question.
A team can only be "sanctioned" for Contempt one time